Los Angeles has some of the most sought after real estate in the United States, if not the world. Perfect weather and beautiful beaches make this part of the country so close to paradise. When you are relocating to the area —or moving away from it— you can easily feel overwhelmed with the complicated process of selling your home during a massive relocation. And that’s where we come in. We have some tips and tricks of the trade to help you sell your home while you’re relocating, no matter where in the world you are moving.
Selling your house when you’re not there
It sounds like a logistical nightmare, but with the right real estate agent and a lot of patience, it is entirely possible to show and sell your home while you relocate to another area. Many times, people or families have to move quickly for work or other commitments, and selling their home posthaste isn’t always realistic.
Here are our tips for selling your home as you relocate to (or from) Los Angeles:
- Decide what you’re taking with you. Do you need two cars? A house full of furniture? Downsizing can be the key to a seamless relocation, but we understand that some things aren’t negotiable. Figure out what you really need, and sell or donate the rest.
- Put your house on the market — the sooner, the better. Depending on where you are trying to sell, it can be a buyer’s market. You might need to leave your house listed for several months before closing on a sale.
- Consider renting in your new location. Sometimes renting can make transitions easier if you have not yet sold your previous home.
- The best policy is to have several months of income saved in a relocation fund. This is different from your emergency fund, and not everyone will have one. Additionally, some companies will help pay for relocation.
- Make sure to work with a real estate agent or company that you trust. You need to communicate with them often, and will want to make sure they have your best interests at heart.
- Make sure you have done the math for projected income and expenditures. Every dollar you can save during this transition should be peace of mind for later.
- Make sure you don’t have a lien on your property, and that when you have a buyer, you can move quickly to write down the sale. Having all your paperwork in order is key to seamless remote selling.
- Know the asking price of your home, and know exactly how much you’re willing to come down after a few weeks or months. Going back-and-forth with a potential buyer only wastes everyone’s time, if they do not end up being the person to purchase your property from you.
Honest Los Angeles relocation specialist has a longstanding reputation for assisting with out of town moves
Selling property is never easy, and trying to do it remotely can be nerve-wracking, even for the calmest of California personalities. Make sure you are working with a Los Angeles real estate agent that you trust and find dependable. You will be trusting them with much while your life is in transition, and they will be responsible for making sure to attract credible buyers at a serious purchase price.
GlobalPoint Relocation is here to help. We try to have the answer to even the most detailed of relocation questions. We love helping people find their perfect Southern California home, and we also work hard to select only the best buyers for your properties. We are a full service real estate firm whose mission is to create seamless relocation efforts throughout Southern California. Learn more by giving us a call at (562) 221-0055 today!
Published on 2017-11-11 17:25:39